Monday, May 5, 2014

Not very Huppi 4/21/2014

yes it's true, i'm not huppi. because sister huppi is leaving me on wednesday! she is being transferred to Lake St Louis, and Sister Leavitt is coming here with me! I have never met her before and neither has sis Huppi, but I'm almost positive she is going to be awe$ome! I'm sad to see sister Huppi go though, we have had so much fun together and I have learned to much from her. She is such an amazing missionary and has such a love for sharing the gospel. I love her and I am so blessed that i was able to serve with her, i'm convinced we will be friends for a very long time (long like eternity long).
but this past week was amazing! first of all, thank you mom dad becky tim logan hailey abby and gracie for the packages! my sweet tooth will not be satisfied for the next 15 months! thank you so much!!!
 
We met some really awesome people this past week.
-the Martin family: this family has been so prepared for the gospel in their lives. they dont have much, at all. but they have lots of love in their home. they have 5 girls and the oldest is around 8 and the youngest is a week old. those little girls are so much fun, we played on bikes and the trampoline for a long time. one of the younger girls picked flowers for us (dandelions) and gave us rocks. it was so sweet. We are going back on wednesday to teach them more.
 
-the Howell kids: so we didn't exactly meet them this week. Their mom is a less active, and their dad passed away a few years ago. When we first got in their house, the boys were crazy. I'm not kidding they were throwing stuff at us and screaming, it was nuts. but we knew that we needed to keep trying! each time we've gone over there they have liked us a little bit more. but this past time, we became friends. good enough friends that the oldies gave us a fossil. (kids love giving us rocks). This is a HUGE accomplishment, this family is amazing and they have been through so much the past few years.
 
TJ & Chelsea: we are still meeting with them! Chelsea is a bit more hesitant just because of misconceptions she has about the church, but she is becoming more comfortable so it's getting better!
 
I've learned a lot this past week.
-change is good. even though its scary, it is very good. progression cannot come without change!
-the Lord prepares people, not just to receive the gospel but also to be missionaries!
-the gospel is home. no matter where you go, the gospel of Jesus Christ will always be the same. it will never lead you astray and will always lead you to happiness
-even though i miss home (a lot), there is not other place I would want to be.
 
and as always, we have laughed a lot this past week.
-we were helping a a lady in the ward move and i had to carry a bit tote down to the basement, but to get there i had to squeeze past a door. if the box would've been by itself it would've fit, if i would've been by myself i would be able to fit. but the box+sister oberfield does not equal fitting past this door. so yes. i got stuck in a door this week and an elder had to push me through.
- we actually laugh all the time, but that's the funniest thing that's happened.
 
and i have felt the spirit the past week.
- so yeah, i miss home. and the other day, i missed it lots! but i was reading my scriptures and preach my gospel and i found D&C 31 (it was never lost actually) and it says: 
"... I will bess you and your family ... lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come: and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation... yea, i will open the hearts of the people, and they will recieve you... and you shall strengthen them and prepare them... be patient in affliction, revile not against those that revile... pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward. be faithful unto the end, and lo, i am with you. these words are not of man, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen."
 
so yeah, the scriptures are true. and i love them. i love this gospel. and i love my mission. i love my family, so so so much. and most of all i love my savior. He has become my very best friend the past few months and i have loved every second of it. even the seconds when i stumble i'm reminded of the phrase "shall i falter or shall i finish?" the answer is so obvious, its finishing. and we cannot completely "finish" without the Savior.
I love you all, and so does Jesus.
 
sister oberfield
 

No comments:

Post a Comment