Monday, May 5, 2014

For the birds and some Pics!! 5/5/2014

LDS singles is for the birds"
-someone in the Centralia ward

Hiii fam bam! Guess what we get to do on Sunday!? SEE EACH OTHERS!!!!!!!! I hope you're all as excited as i am!!! Mom has the details for that!

But this week was super awesome! Mostly because of the families we're teaching! Since we're teaching so many families, we had to make a bunch of kid friendly lessons, so we made a lot of those this week! and it's awesome because the kids actually play and learn with them! Felix and Shawna are doing amazing! they weren't able to make it to church this week but we stopped by and this conversation happened
Felix: "yeah I'm a Catholic, but I'm about to switch over" 
my face almost fell off I was smiling so big! This family has been so prepared and needs the Lord's love so much. They don't have a lot and so we did a secret stuff drop off thing, they were so grateful and recognize it as a blessing from coming closer to Christ. We love them, and their kids are the sweetest girls. 

We didn't have any bad luck moments this week, so that was really good! We found some new investigators who are super interested and love the idea of having a prophet on the earth today! 
We had Zone Leader Training this past week and it was all on testimonies! The the theme for our mission this month is "in remembrance of our purpose" and sis Leavitt and I have talked a lot about what our purpose is in Salem as missionaries and it really is such a sacred purpose. I know that I'm here to invite others to come unto Christ and to be baptized into His church. I know that His church is on the Earth today and it is the only way we can find everlasting happiness. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and has been with me every step of the way over the past 3 (almost 4) months. I know that my Redeemer lives, and He is my best friend. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I could never deny any of these things, nor would I ever want to. The blessing of Christ's gospel are real, and they're here for all of us. and THAT is why I'm a missionary.


I love you all so much and so does Jesus and i CANNOT wait to see you on Sunday! 

sister oberfield
Writing in journal.  Mesa Temple of course.
Addicted to this!
the cutest little cafe and my comp sis leavitt!
operation LOVE. our secret drop off for Felix and shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment