Tuesday, January 28, 2014

St. Louis Here I Come! (1/27/14)


Hi Family! 
My week was great it flew by so fast I can't believe my time in the MTC is over! On Sunday we had sister Janice Kapp Parry come talk to us (she writes hymns) and it was amazing! While she was speaking I had the overwhelming feeling that this is absolutely where I’m supposed to be! My classes are going really well, I’m learning so much and when I compare how I taught when I first got here to now, I’m amazed! I still have a long way to go though!

So something kind of interesting happened. We all thought we were going to leave on Wednesday and since we kind of lose track of days here we thought the 28th was a Wednesday. But then one of our teachers told us that we leave on Tuesday, at first we brushed it off but then we had a little bit of free time and so we decided to go down to the travel office and double check. And it turns out we do leave Tuesday! More exactly, we leave in 11 hours! So now we are just doing our laundry and emailing home to let you know. At first I kind of panicked about it, but it was our fault for not reading directions all the way so we just have to do what we're supposed to do! So yeah, I’m going to try to call tomorrow morning in the airport. We leave here at 4:30 and so it's super early! If you want me to leave a voicemail that should be fine also!

I'm glad to hear Hannah’s talk went well! She is going to be an awesome missionary, and she will just love the MTC. Let me know if you have any questions about the blog! I wrote a few letters home and sent them today so you'll get those in a few days!

I’ve loved the MTC and I’m kind of sad that I have to leave now! My companions and I have so much fun! We really are like best friends; they have made this so much easier. We are always laughing and trying to make each other better people! I got so lucky here! But St. Louis is going to be awesome and I’m so excited to meet my companion.

I love you and so does Jesus!

Love
Sister Oberfield

No comments:

Post a Comment