Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July - 7/7/14


Hiii guys! I hope you all had a good week! especially the part where you celebrated America! God bless it. But seriously, I love America. That is such a cliché American girl thing to say but I mean it. I love how it was set up for the restoration of the gospel. That's something that I've thought a lot about this week and I am just so grateful that we live in a place where we have the freedom and means to be members of Christ's church. Seriously, is there anything better than that?!
But this past week was so fun! Yes, missionary work is so fun!

MONDAY: we played tennis for district p-day. yes mom, I was a shining star. basically when I get home I'm going to be pursuing a career in profession tennis. totally kidding, I still have no athletic ability.

TUESDAY: district meeting day! yay! we talked a lot about diligence this week in district meeting and how miracles won't happen in our areas unless we are being obedient. Sister Martinez and I talked about this after and just how we think this has been one of our favorite transfers just because of how obedient we've been. Before my mission when people would say stuff like "always be obedient" I kind of thought they were crazy, because I didn't know how important it was. But now I realize that it starts at 6:30 am and doesn't end until 10:30 pm! But I love it, being obedient makes everything so much easier.

WEDNESDAY: I don't remember this day. sorry.

THURSDAY: all of our appointments fell through this day.. But I'm pretty sure I found my favorite scripture(s?) this day.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-7
I've heard it before but I loved hearing it as a missionary! sometimes I worry about coming home and things that will happen for the rest of my mission, but its not the time to do that. Right now it's time for me to be a missionary.
FRIDAY: this was the best day ever. if you worried about me not having a good fourth of July, don't. it was the best. In the morning we had a service project with all of the missionaries serving in the St Louis South Stake down in Hillsboro! It was for a family that lives on a farm and just needed some help getting some things done. Some missionaries helped move stuff but I helped stain the gazebo. Tim, you would be so proud. They asked someone to tape off the pillars, and I remembered you saying how important the tape job was. So I did the taping with another sister who is very detailed. I think we did pretty good, not to toot my own horn or anything. Then after the service project we went back to our area for about an hour to do missionary work and then we got to go to the mission home with a few other missionaries!! I haven't been there since I came out, and I feel like I was JUST there. but I love the mission home and President and Sister Morgan. They're the best. President made us burgers and hot dogs, and I ate a lot of watermelon (with salt of course). Then all of the missionaries just played games, we played a game called clankies, I don't know how to explain it. And then we played baseball. my team won. okay let me rephrase that, the team I was one just so happened to win. haha. then when fireworks started we went to the park right behind the mission home and watched fireworks. I wish I had a picture of this moment because it was one of those "I love my mission" moments. But it was probably better to just take it all in.
SATURDAY: I became a true Missourian. I went to Imo's pizza and had st Louis style pizza, aka cracker pizza. It was probably the thinnest crust this world has to offer. but still it was way good!
SUNDAY: We got to teach gospel principles class! and guess what the topic was?! MISSIONARY WORK!! it was so fun, I LOVE teaching. and I love teaching the gospel!
I love you guys!!!
love
sister oberfield
 
fourth of july at the mission home. yes, it's this green EVERYWHERE.







No comments:

Post a Comment