Monday, July 14, 2014

Training and more 7/14/14


Hiii! so last week I forgot to mention that it was the last week of the transfer! but i'll talk about that in a little..

MONDAY: zone p-day!!! we played softball. my batting skills are slightly improving, but my throwing just sucks. I blame it on being left handed..

TUESDAY: we had district meeting! we talked a lot about the importance of church and helping our investigators get to church. and the thought struck me that I am SO LUCKY to be able to know how important church is. before my mission I didn't see it. mom really had to force me to go some weeks, but boy howdy, I'm sure glad she did. church is so important!! not just so we can say we went to church but there are three things that make it so important!
1. when we're baptized we covenant or promise God that we'll help others, by participating in church we really do help others! we may not see it, but we surely do.
2. its a commandment, not a suggestion. remember, thou shalt keep the Sabbath Day holy?
3. we need the sacrament. it's not just eating some bread and drinking some water, it's telling God that we remember who we are and what we need to be. it's recommitting ourselves to follow him. and it makes us as clean as we were at baptism when we repent. I don't know about you guys, but I realllly want to be perfect and that can only happen if we repent and take the sacrament.
so ya.. CHURCH IS SO IMPORTANT. everyone needs to go. God said so.

WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY: pretty much a blur again. sorry fam bam!

SATURDAY: transfer call day!!! this day is always way fun because you NEVER know what's going to happen. You always work super hard this day because working hard means you don't have time to think about where you're going, or not going. Sister Martinez and I didn't really know what was going to happen. She felt like she was going to leave, but I had NO idea who I was going to be with. I felt like I was going to stay, but didn't know with who.. haha. turns out we were kind of right! Sister Martinez is leaving and going to the north side of the city. This transfer has been so great with her. She is such a hard worker and has so much compassion for the people. She's a great missionary and I'm really lucky to have been able to be her companion for such a short time. I know I say all the time that I'm so lucky, but I truly believe I am! The Lord loves me so much because he is just always blessing me! yeah he humbles me quite a bit, but only because he loves me! and so you're probably wondering who my new companion is... well I am too! I don't know who she is yet because she isn't here! I'm going to be training! when they called us and told us I'd be training, I didn't really know what to think. so I've summed it up into 3 thoughts:
1. I know verrrrry little about missionary work. I know I've been out for 6 months (holy crap) but I feel like there's so much that I just don't know about how to do certain things or things in the scriptures. one things for sure, I know a lot more than I did when I first came out.
2. I hope that I help her have a great start to her mission. so that when she thinks about her mission in a few years she can look at her first 3 months and say that it was a good time and that she grew a lot.
3. I'm so excited!

so I didn't really sleep Saturday night. not because I didn't want to, but because I was trying to figure out how I was going to help my new companion and the area this next transfer. so I did what any normal 19 year old girl would do (that was slightly sarcastic), I finished the Book of Mormon! yayayyyyy! my love for the book of Mormon has grown so much the past few months. I know, without a doubt in my mind, that it's true. nothing/no one will ever be able to tell me differently. if I didn't have a testimony of the book of Mormon, I would not be out here. But I do have a testimony, I know it and I know that God knows it. and that's really all that matters.

SUNDAY: after my sleepless in st Louis night, church was exactly what I needed. I've said it before, but I LOVE church. in sunday school we talked about talents. this topic is always super uncomfortable for me to talk about, and I don't know why! Heavenly Father has given me so many talents! yeah I have weaknesses and faults, but I can't focus on those. especially if I've agreed to help build God's kingdom on the earth. None of us can focus on our weaknesses, that's from Satan so let's just not let him bring us down. We already know that God wins in the end, so just play for the winning team. GOD'S TEAM! YA!

well family. I have a challenge for all of you. I'm well aware that not everyone in our family is of the same faith, but I'm also aware that everyone in the family supports me going on a mission. I have two main reasons why I'm on a mission:
1. I love my Savior.
2. I love the Book of Mormon.
and I want all of you to feel the peace that has come to me from these two things. so here's my challenge to you all,
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
and if you don't want to think of it as a challenge, then it's what I want for Christmas. if I'm thinking clearly I think you all are getting the better end of the deal; you don't have to buy me gifts and you get to understand why I've left home for 18 months! I'm serious about this too! so email me and let me know if you're doing it, and i'll continue to check in to see how you're reading is going. and if you don't tell me you're reading it, then i'll probably just email you and ask you why! #theimportanceoffollowingup

I love you all! and that's why I want you to read the Book of Mormon, because I want you to feel the Saviors love!

have a good week! :)

sister oberfield

FREE SLURPEES

No comments:

Post a Comment